What to do in Santander
Santander is a beautiful city, very manageable and also ..... it has sea !
- Going out of cañas through the area of Cañadío: the area that includes the Plaza with that name and its surrounding streets, a classic area of the city to leave before dinner. It is essential to have some rabas.
- Go up to the Lighthouse of Cabo Mayor: The views from there are wonderful. There is a bar with a spectacular terrace by the sea.
- Take a walk along the Mataleñas route: a path that goes from El Sardinero to the Cabo Mayor lighthouse, at sea level, with incredible views. Also, there are usually not many people.
- Take a walk through the Pereda Gardens and see the beautiful carousel and the gardens of Piquío.
- Visit the spectacular Botín Center and see some of the exhibitions it houses, or simply enjoy the beauty of the architect Renzo Piano's building.
- Take the boat from Las Reginas and go spend the day to Somo and "El Puntal". There you can enjoy one of the best views of the Bay of Santander.
- Go out for snacks in the city. There are plenty of bars for this but some of the basic ones are "Casa Lita", "Mesón Rampalay" or "El Diluvio".
- If you come with children there are plans that you will love, such as visiting the Magdalena Peninsula and seeing the penguins and seals in the zoo (there is a tourist train, which here call "El Magdaleno", which goes around the whole peninsula) or visit the "Maritime Museum".
- Take the "Rio de la Pila" funicular (it's free) to see the views of the city from above.
- If you come in summer, enjoy some of the beaches; There are many besides the "Sardinero" ... "Bikinis", "La Maruca", "Virgen del Mar", "Mataleñas", "El Camello" ... (by the way, if you visit this one, find out why it's called :)
These are some of the plans to do without leaving the city. Imagine what Cantabria can offer you !!